Ethereum and Tron Have Majority of Blockchain Transaction Fees



Bloomberg crypto analyst Jamie Coutts declares that over the last twelve months two blockchains have taken the lion’s share of transaction fees among all smart contract and Proof-of-Stake (PoS) blockchains.

Ethereum and Tron Network account for a substantial 88% of the total transaction fees, with Ethereum leading at 57% and Tron following closely behind at 31%.

Two Blockchains Monopolize Transaction Fees

In a statement posted on X (formerly Twitter) on October 7th, Coutts outlined the existence of around 200 smart contract and Proof of Stake (PoS) blockchains.

However, among those 200, the majority of transaction fees are attributed to Ethereum and TRON:

“Astonishingly, 88% of all transaction fees over the past year came from just 2 chains. This leaves the remainder to compete for a mere 12% with $ETH L2s increasing their share at a rapid rate.”

Coutts outlines the primary challenges faced by the majority of PoS blockchains. These obstacles include an oversupply of blockspace, inflationary supply schedules, undisclosed supply indicators, and subpar tokenomics.

Transaction Fee By Chain, Ethereum, Tron, Other Blockchains. Source: Jamie Coutts
Transaction Fee By Chain, Ethereum, Tron, Other Blockchains. Source: Jamie Coutts

However, despite the “bear market,” Coutts asserts that blockspace demand is in a “long-term structural uptrend.”

BeInCrypto recently reported that Ethereum’s average transaction fee hit its lowest point of 2023.

According to blockchain analytics firm Santiment, the Ethereum network dropped to $1.15 per transaction on September 24. This is the lowest level since December 2022.

Meanwhile, July reports revealed that TRON almost doubled Ethereum’s trading activity in June.

In contrast, Token Terminal, a blockchain data firm, reported in April that Ethereum’s daily transaction fees were significantly higher than TRON’s, even though TRON held the second position. In the first half of 2023, transaction fees of $743 million were generated by Ethereum, whereas TRON generated $282 million.

On the other hand, for the first half of 2023, the Bitcoin network generated a mere $80 million.


In adherence to the Trust Project guidelines, BeInCrypto is committed to unbiased, transparent reporting. This news article aims to provide accurate, timely information. However, readers are advised to verify facts independently and consult with a professional before making any decisions based on this content.


Source link

You might also like
Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.